Do you want to find out the IP address of someone on Telegram? Then come in now and discover the methods that work that you can use to get the IP address of a Telegram user easily.
There is no doubt saying Telegram is a community of all kinds of people – the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am into crypto trading and find Telegram groups quite helpful as I have been able to interact with more experienced persons from around the world.
One thing I observe is that you cannot always trust users you meet on Telegram; that professionality-looking profile you see might have a scammer and fraudster hidden behind it. Because of the bad actors on the service, you might have the need to find out the IP address of Telegram users and use it as part of your due diligence.
It is important you know that contrary to popular belief, just having the IP address of someone does not give you any power to do anything – in fact, IP addresses are public data, and you can neither use it to track a user down to his precise location nor get any precise data aside rough idea about his geolocation.
However, experienced and skillful hackers could use them to their advantage. For the general public, all they can do with it is to find the location of someone. In this article, you will be shown how to find out the IP address of someone on Telegram.
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on Telegram
Finding out the IP address of someone if you have a peer-to-peer connection is easy. In the case of Telegram, communication between users is not peer-to-peer; users connect to Telegram servers, and as such, if you try using a packet sniffer, all you will see is the IP address of one of the Telegram servers and not that of the Telegram user.
Unfortunately, Telegram also keeps the IP address of its users private and would not release it to you as an individual or even a body without an order from the court.
This means that you will have to find out the IP address yourself. Fortunately, there are some simple methods you can use to find out the IP address of a user. Let take a look at these methods.
Using an Already-made IP Logger
An IP logger is a tool that helps you grab and log the IP address of Internet users. In our case, we would be using a web tool that will grab the IP address of a user that visits a shortened URL. Thetool we would be using is the Grabify URL Shortener and IP Logger. The working mechanism of this tool is simple – you create a shortened URL to content and get the Telegram user to access the URL. When this happens, the tool logs the IP address of the user before sending him to the actual URL. Grabify is arguably one of the most popular IP loggers in the market, and it is free to use.
While creating an account is not required, doing so will provide you access to certain features. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to get the IP address of someone on Telegram using Grabify.
- Get the URL of web content you are sure the user will be interested in. you will need to use Grabify and shorten it so you can use it as bait.
- With the URL of the web content, head over to the homepage of the Grabify website and paste the URL in the input field provided, and click on the “Create URL” button. A shortened version of the URL will be generated alongside a tracking code – you will need to copy the tracking code as you will need it to access the logged IP addresses.
- Go to Telegram and get the user to access the URL. You need to do it convincingly and make sure the user does not suspect anything. Because Grabify will redirect him to the actual content, he should have no reason to suspect anything provided you did not give him.
- If you are sure the user has clicked on the URL, go back to the Grabify homepage and enter the tracking code you copied earlier. Instead of click on the “Create URL” button, click on the “tracking code” button instead.
- You will see information about the Telegram user, including his IP address, geolocation, OS, browser, and other details.
Create Your Own IP Logger
While the above works, there are some situations that it will be ineffective. Some users are aware that shortened URLs can be used to get their IP address and, as such, would not click on them. Some would use a tool to reveal the actual URL and, in the process, provide your IP address of the tool they use instead of their own IP address. for these reasons, if you do use IP loggers a lot, it pays to develop your own especially if you have coding skills. IP loggers do not have any special requirements.
If you can look at the header of a web request using any of the web programming languages, you should be able to develop your own IP address as IP addresses are bundled into request headers with every request. Below is how to use your own IP logger to collect the IP addresses of Telegram users.
- Develop a website and have content that would interest your target. This is required so that they would be interested. Make sure you have a middleware with a function that gets the IP address associated with requests from the request header.
- For hosting, you can make use of free hosting as the site isn’t meant to handle many requests at a time. Read this article to discover the best free hosting options. For the domain name, buy a cheap dot com domain from Godaddy.
- If the website has been hosted and now accessible using a browser, get the user to access the website. Once he does this, his IP address will be grab depending on the function of the middleware configured to collect the IP address for you.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Telegram
Looking at the two methods described above, you will agree with me that you cannot always know when you will be tricked into using an IP grabber. While your IP address is useless in the hand of inexperienced Internet users, aside from revealing a rough estimate of your location, experienced hackers can use it alongside some techniques to carry out a botnet attack on your network and shut it down.
Considering the fact that you do not know how experienced the person on the other side is, it is best to prevent IP tracking. The best way to do that is to hide your real IP address behind a proxy or VPN server. This is known as IP spoofing.
Using either a proxy or VPN server will route your requests to Telegram through the proxy, and as such, the IP address seen is that of the proxy and not your own. Some of the Best choices,
- Best VPNs for Telegram: ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and NordVPN
- Best Telegram proxies: Bright Data, Smartproxy, and Shifter.
- Best Telegram Proxies of 2021 – Proxy to Unblock Telegram restrictions
- How to Get a Fake IP Address? Best Solution to spoof your IP address
- Find out Someone IP Address on Instagram, Youtube, and WhatsApp
FAQs About Telegram IP Finder
Why Would You Need the IP Address of Someone on Telegram?
IP addresses are just unique identifiers that carry geolocation data with them and nothing more. Worse still, the geolocation data is not precise, and as such, you cannot use it to track down a user aside just having an idea of the city the user lives in.
So that’s the answer, you will need it if you want to find out the city a user lives in. Only experienced persons can use it for any other thing – and these experienced users won’t be here.
Is Finding the IP Address of Someone on Telegram Illegal?
Telegram protects the privacy of its users and, as such, would not provide you the IP address of a user – they only make it available to government security agencies.
However, this does not mean finding out the IP address of someone is illegal. In fact, it might interest you to know that IP addresses are made to be public and sent out by your device every time it sends web requests. Also, it is worth mentioning that no law has made finding out the IP address of someone illegal.
It is important I stress here that while the whole idea of finding out the IP address of someone you meet on Telegram sounds cool, it needs to be worth it as in most cases, just knowing the city a person lives in does nothing for you.
If that is what you want to find out, then you can go ahead, but aside from that, any other thing you might want to do might require some more hard work, experienced and get you to cross the line of legality to illegality.