Are you looking forward to finding the IP address of someone you know is interacting with on Twitter? Then you are on the right page as you will be taught how to find the IP address of Twitter users and how to protect your IP address from being discovered.
Twitter is an incredibly popular social media that even world leaders and business executives use. It is also a beehive of liars, scammers, and spammer aside from regular users that come to Twitter, catch up on trends and have fun, and market their products legitimately.
With rogues on this platform, just like many other popular platforms out there, it is important there is a mechanism to be able to find out more about a person. Interestingly, Someone’s IP address reveals information about his location, and considering the fact that most scammers, hackers, and con artists lie a lot about their actual location, you can use one’s IP address to detect his real location.
Unfortunately, even though Twitter uses IP addresses internally, they do not make it public for privacy and security concerns as skillful hackers could use them to carry out their exploits on victims. Twitter will also not reveal the location of its user, and as such, you will have to find out the IP address of the user yourself.
Interestingly, there are ways you can find out the IP address of a Twitter user with less hassle, and you will get the IP address of the user together with some device and browser information. This article has been written to teach you how to find out the IP address of Twitter users. You will also learn how to keep your IP address hidden away from users that want to track your IP address.
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on Twitter
Twitter tries as much as possible to protect the privacy of its users, and as such, you will have to find out the IP address of the Twitter user outside of Twitter by luring the user outside of Twitter to a website that will pull the users IP address and give it to you.
To do this, you will need some basic social engineering skills of being able to convince someone to click on a link. There are basically two methods you can use to find out the IP address of a Twitter, and these are discussed below.
Using an Already-made IP Logger
The easiest method of finding out the IP address of someone on Twitter is by using an already-made IP logger. An IP logger, otherwise known as an IP grabber, is a website designed to help collect the IP address of users lured into visiting it and provide the logged IP to the user that convinces the user into visiting it.
Currently, the Grabify URL Shortener and IP Loggeris one of the most popular IP grabbers on the Internet, and it is completely free to use with functions that make it easy for you to collect IP addresses of unsuspecting users. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use Grabify for grabbing the IP address of users on Twitter.
- You will need a page to use as bait. Search for pages and other web content on the Internet you are sure your target will have an interest in. it is the interest that will get him to want to visit the page and, in the process, reveal his IP address unknowingly. With the URL of a page, he will have interest in at hand; you can proceed to the next step.
- Go to the homepage of the Grabify website and paste the URL of the content in the input field provided and click on the create URL button. This will generate a shortened URL with which the actual content can be accessed. Aside from the shortened URL, you also get a tracking code to check out logs for the generated URL.
- Now go to Twitter and convince the user in Direct Message to visit the page providing the shortened version of the URL generated by Grabify. When he clicks on the URL, Grabify grabs his IP address and other browser and device information before redirecting him to the actual page.
- Go back to the Grabify homepage and enter the tracking code you provided earlier and click on the tracking code instead of the create URL button.
- You will be taken to a page to will details about each of the logs. You will not only find out the IP address of the user, but you will also know his geolocation, browser, OS, and device information.
Create Your Own IP Logger – or Use Your Website
If you already have a website, then you can use it as an IP logger. This is because all devices sending web requests to web servers must provide their IP addresses, and the servers keep their log. This means that you can simply create a new URL on your site and provide the link to the person and get the IP address of the person that accesses that link.
It is that simple – with your own website or a website, you have admin right, you can have access to one’s IP address as Twitter has access to it. If you do not have a website yet, you can create your own specialized website purposely for collecting IP addresses. The advantage of creating your own is that you are not using shortened URLs that many have come to see as spam and would avoid them at all costs. Below is the step to follow to create your own IP logger.
- Code a website will function to collect IP addresses from web requests it gets. You can use any programming language of your choice or even a content management system, provided you can access IP logs.
- You can host it using free hosting to minimize cost, and for an IP logger, low-powered servers would work just fine. Read this article to discover some of the best free hosting plans available.
- Buy a cheap dot com domain from Namecheap or Godaddy in other to cut costs.
- With the website set up, you can then lure your target into visiting the website and get his IP address logged, which you can then look at your IP logs to collect the IP address.
- 100% Working ways to find out Someone’s IP Address
- Get Others IP address on Facebook, on WhatAPP, on TikTok, on Instagram
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Twitter
While it is easy to pull out the IP address of users on Twitter using the tricks above, you need to know that you can be provided the wrong IP address.
A good number of users do not want their IP address tracked, and as such, they make use of proxies and VPN to mask their IP address and provide web services with a different IP. If you are dealing with someone using either a proxy or VPN, then you can’t find out his real IP address.
To also keep your own IP address hidden and protect it from IP loggers and grabbers, you can use proxies from MyPrivateProxy, Blazing Proxies, and HighProxies. For VPN services, some of the best VPN services in the market include ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and NordVPN.
FAQs About Twitter IP Finder
Is it Illegal to Access One’s IP Address Without their Consent?
Even though IP addresses are designed to be unique and can be used for tracking an individual, it might interest you to know that they are not private data. An IP address is a public and every device connected to the Internet freely reveal its IP address anytime communication with other device is initiated. All of the websites you have visited have a log of your IP. Currently, there is no law that makes grabbing the IP address of someone illegal. For these reasons, it is not illegal to find out someone’s IP address.
VPN Vs. Proxy: Which is Best for Preventing IP Tracking?
Both will spoof your real IP and provide you a different IP address to use. However, except you are a marketer into social media automation, I will advise you to make use of a VPN service. This is because VPN work at the system-level, forcing all network through the VPN server.
Most premium VPN software has support for kill switch that disconnects your Internet connection if the VPN server is faulty or not active in other to prevent the accidental leakage of your IP. VPN also provides encryption. However, they are not as fast as proxies.
Finding someone’s IP address on Twitter is very easy as it does not require any technical skill – just basic social engineering to be able to convince the user to click on a link. However, you can be deceived when your target is using a VPN or proxy server as the IP address you will get in that case is a different one from his real IP address.