Are you looking for the methods you can use to find out the IP address of a TikTok user? Even though TikTok does not publicly display users’ IP addresses with the right procedure, you can get your hands on the IP address of TikTok users. Read the article below to discover how to get it done.
TikTok is one of the popular video-sharing social networks, and let face it – TikTok is addictive. It has a good number of users, with some of them hiding behind the figment of their imagination that they are faceless and their location is unknown.
This is further buttressed by the way TikTok handles location, which depends on the location of your SIM number – and the fact that they keep one’s IP address hidden. Unfortunately, without effort from their own end, they are actually not as anonymous as they think, and you can actually get the IP address of any TikTok user provided you can convince him to carry out simple actions online via a must-have hacking skill – social engineering.
One thing you will come to understand about TikTok is that they are just like every other popular social media platform – while they use IP addresses internally to enforce certain rules and content geo-targeting, they do not display users IP address publicly as skilled hackers could use an IP address in conjunction with other details and actions to carry out malicious acts that could pose a security or privacy risk to a user. However, you can get it from a user directly with a few tricks, and that is what you will be learning in this article.
Why Would I Need to Find Someone’s IP Address on TikTok?
The truth is – in most cases, you do not need the IP address of users on TikTok. Interestingly, an overwhelming number of TikTok users do not even know what is an IP address even though all of them have one assigned to their device that TikTok is using.
There is one reason why you will need to know the IP address of a TikTok user – to find out his IP address. it might interest you to know that TikTok does not determine your location by your IP address – it does that by your mobile number. This has discouraged many from using a VPN or proxy service as it does not help conceal their IP address. All they need is a phone number from the location they want to spoof.
However, since many do not use a VPN or proxy service, you can actually find out their real location by looking up their IP address using an IP lookup tool such as IPinfo.io. This comes in handy when you are suspecting someone is posing to be in the location he is not.
A good number of Internet marketers and even scammers will want to appear to be from a different location other than their real location and assume you can’t find out because the Internet is faceless. Unfortunately for them, the Internet is not faceless, and their IP location can be used to trace their location.
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on TikTok
If there is any user on TikTok that you want to get his IP address, then you can get it easily with a few tricks. Currently, there are no two ways about it; if you want to grab the IP address of any user on TikTok, you must use social engineering. Interestingly, basic skills in this will do as you are only required to get the user to click on a link, and that is all. There are two methods to get this done, and these will be discussed below.
Use an Already-made IP Grabber
An IP grabber is a website that you can use to get the IP address of other Internet users by getting them to click on a link generated from the website. Using an IP grabber is the easiest method you can follow to get the IP address of TikTok users. This is because the method does not require any technical skill and does not involve spending money. There are a good number of IP grabbers in the market that you can use. The Grabify URL Shortener and IP Logger tool are one of the best, and it is completely free to use. the website disguises as a URL shortener but could be used for tracking users that visit shortened links. Using the Grabify website for getting the IP address of TikTok users is easy. Follow the steps described below to get that done.
- First, it is important you know that you will be doing this via DM. for you to send DM to be able to send a DM to someone; it means such person is following you. If your target is not following you, this method won’t work. With the target following you, you can move to the next step.
- You need to look out for content online that you are sure the target would have an interest in. Take, for instance, if the target has an interest in soccer, you can look out for a page that discusses something about his club that he would be interested in.
- With the URL to the content, you think he will be interested in, head over to the Grabify homepage.
- In the input field provided, paste the URL and click on the create URL button. This will generate a shortened URL. You will be using this shortened URL as bait.
- Now go TikTok and chat with the user. While you are at it, recommend the content for him but make sure you give him the generated shortened URL. The moment he clicks on it, he will be directed to the Grabify website, his IP address grabbed, and then redirected to the actual content.
- To get the IP address of the user after he must have clicked on the link, go back to the Grabify homepage and enter the tracking code. Now click on the tracking code button, and the information for each of the requests to the shortened URL will be provided. For each, you get detail about IP address, user agent, Operating System, and geo-location.
Develop Your Own TikTok IP Logger
The above method works for users that do not know about shortened links and how they are used for collecting IP addresses. There are a good number of persons, especially tech people that would not click on shortened URLs.
They would rather make use of tools that can help them reveal the real URL hidden behind the shortened URL. If you suspect your target would be wary of shortened links, then creating your own website for collecting IP address will do the job for you.
With your own website, you get a brandable domain name that would not get the user to suspect anything, and once he visits your site, his IP address is grabbed for you. To develop your own website for grabbing the IP addresses of users, you will need to have web development coding skills. Below are the steps you should follow to set up a custom IP logger.
- You will need to develop your site offline first, whether using a programming language to develop from scratch or using a content management system to get that done. Make sure the site offers real valuable information so that he won’t suspect anything. For every web request sent, the IP address of the device sending the request is logged, and as such, you only need to keep a log of all requests, and you are good to go.
- After developing the site, you can go ahead and host it. I will advise you to use a free hosting service to cut costs. You can check out this page to discover some of the free hosting providers available.
- Unlike the hosting, I will advise against using free domains. Free domain extension could look weird and raise an eyebrow. Instead, buy a cheap dot com domain name and use it.
- With everything set up, you can get the TikTok user to visit your website. When that happens, you can check the server log and get the IP address of the user.
You need to keep track of the time the user visits the site and make sure you do not give out the link to many people at a time. However, if the site requires registration and users can enter their details, then this does not apply.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on TikTok
Looking at the methods described, you can tell how easy it is to get the IP address of users. However, even with ease, you can easily be deceived with a faked or spoofed IP address, and if that happens, then you have been misled. You can also learn the trick involved in spoofing your real IP address in other to prevent IP grabbing so that even if someone tries it on you, he will be left with the wrong IP addresses.
FAQs About TikTok IP Finder
Is it Illegal to Get Someone’s IP Address without his Consent?
At a glance, it might look like an inversion of privacy and, as such, illegal. However, IP addresses are not private information. They are public information released via Internet communication. For this reason, getting the IP address of a user is not illegal. What you use it for could make it illegal – but just obtaining it is legal.
Proxy or VPN Server: Which is Best for Preventing IP Tracking?
The focus of the article is on TikTok, and as such, the mobile platform is the target. For mobile, VPN is the best. This is because TikTok does not support proxy usage and could bypass the default proxy setting. But for VPN, all of your traffic is forced via the VPN server, and as such, you are sure that your IP address won’t be leaked.
Getting the IP address of TikTok users is easy, provided they are following you, and you can get them to visit a content online. However, you can be misled and fed a faked IP address. Also, as a way of concluding this article, it is important you know that this article wasn’t written with malicious intentions, and as such, you are responsible for anything you use it for.