Finding out the IP address of Discord users is easy, provided you can get them to carry out certain unsuspecting tasks online. Read this article to know how to trick Discord users into revealing their IP address without them knowing.
When it comes to community discussion and instant messaging, Discord is one of the biggest contenders and actually one of the best considering its rich-filled features such as the support for multiple channels making it possible to split conversation by project or even team as you like.
Just like every other communication on the Internet, as you access the Discord service and join a server, you are revealing your IP address, and so do everyone using the Discord service. The good thing is – Discord does not reveal the IP address of its users even though it makes use of it internally for enforcing certain business logic. But what if you want to get the IP address of someone on Discord?
It might interest you to know that while Discord keeps the IP address of its users hidden away from the public, getting it is not as difficult as you will think. In fact, no advanced knowledge is required in other to do that. However, it is important you know that you are actually not getting it from Discord, and you can’t get it if the user does not cooperate with you.
With the right approach, anyone can get the IP address of anyone online provided the target does not keep his IP address hidden by spoofing it. In this article, you will learn how to grab the IP address of Discord users in other to find out their real location. You will also learn how to keep your IP address hidden in other not to be discovered by other users.
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on Discord
There are two methods you can follow to get the IP address of Discord user – either you use an already IP logger, or you develop your own. Each of these has its own advantages and disadvantages and the target they work best for.
One thing you need to know is that you will need a basic social engineering skill in other to get the target to click on a link – if you succeed in this, then you can have the IP address of the user without him knowing.
Using Grabify or Other Already-made IP Loggers
If you know how IP addresses work, you will know that they are sent alongside every request a device sends to the Internet. In the past, only admins of websites can access the IP address of users but thanks to Grabify and other already-made IP loggers in the market.
You can get the IP address of Internet users provided for you without knowing how to write code or even becoming the admin of any website. Interestingly, Grabify is completely free, and you can even use it without registering. However, they have got some features available only to registered users. Follow the steps below to get the IP of your target on Discord.
- Copy the URL of web content you know your target will be interacted in. you will be using the content as the bait with which you will grab his IP address.
- Head over to the Grabify homepage with the URL of the content chosen above and paste the URL in the input field provided.
- Click on the create URL button, and the tool will generate a shortened URL for you. Alongside the shortened URL is a tracking code with which you will access the tracked IP addresses.
- Head over to Discord and send a DM to the target. While you are chatting, you could get him to visit the shortened URL, and once he does that, his IP address will be grabbed. How it works is simple. When a user clicks on the shortened URL, his request first goes to Grabify, which then grabs the IP address before redirecting the user to the actual URL.
- To get the IP address of the user, go back to the Grabify homepage and enter the tracking code, then click on the tracking code button.
- You will see the requests sent to the URL. For each, you will get details such as IP address, geolocation, Operating System, user agent, and much other information.
Creating your Own IP Logger for Discord
The above method works best for those that wouldn’t mind clicking on shortened URLs. But for those that have a problem with that, you sure wouldn’t succeed as they wouldn’t even click on your link. If they are curious about the content, there are tools they can use to reveal the real URL shortened.
If you suspect your target is wary of shortened URLs and would suspect foul play, then you will have to create your own website with a custom domain that would get the user to lose guard. This means that you will need to know how to code and also be ready to spend a few bucks for a domain name. Follow the method described below to get that done.
- You will need to code the website using your preferred programming language. The website should have a function that grabs the IP address attached to every request. Make sure the website has content or functionality that the target would be interested in.
- With the website coded, you will need to host it and get a domain for it so that it is accessible remotely. You can get free hosting to use in other to save cost. Read this article to discover some of the best free hosting plans you can use.
- For domain name, you will need a dot com extension and would not get that for free. However, there are cheap registrars such as Godaddy that you can use.
- When the website is up and running, head over to Discord and get the user to visit your website.
- Once that happens, check your IP log for the IP address of the target.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Discord
One thing you need to know is that not many Internet users you will meet on Discord will be out looking for your IP address – a good number do not even know what it means. However, you can’t be so sure, and you wouldn’t want your IP address to fall into the wrong hands.
While the use case mentioned in this article can be seen as legal, there are malicious acts that your IP address can be put into, such as DDoS attack and accessing your device remotely. For this reason, it is advisable to keep your IP address hidden by spoofing it with a different provided either by a proxy server or by a VPN server.
- How to Get Fake IP Address? 100% working solutions added!
- The Best Discord Proxies to Unblock Discord
FAQs About Discord IP Finder
Is it Illegal to Access One’s IP Address Without their Consent?
On the surface, it might seem to you as an illegal act considering the fact that your IP address is ‘private.’ However, the truth is; your IP address is public, and your device release it anytime it sends web requests. For this reason, it is not illegal. It is also important you know that there’s no law that makes it illegal.
What is the Best Method of Preventing IP Tracking on Discord?
If you are accessing Discord on mobile, I will advise you to use VPN software as mobile apps can bypass proxies. However, if you are using a computer, you can either use a proxy server or a VPN. For proxies on PC, you will require a proxy client such as Proxifier. In all, except you need to rotate IP frequently, VPN is the best for preventing IP tracking on Discord.
From the above, you can tell that even though Discord does not reveal the IP addresses of its users, the IP addresses are not difficult to get, and you can use them to get the real location of Discord users you are interacting with.
While you are out there trying to grab the IP address of a user, another also has you as a target, and as such, we recommend you use a proxy or VPN server to keep your real IP address hidden from IP loggers and grabbers.