Roblox does not reveal the IP addresses of its users, but with the right procedure, you can find out the IP address of a user. The article below will show you the ways you can find out the IP address of someone on Roblox.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made Roblox quite popular. This platform is an online game creation platform where a user can create games and play games created by others. While it was meant for catching fun and socializing with a community of gamers, there are some rogue persons on the platform that will make the platform less of what it should be.
If you are dealing with one of such persons in your gaming server, then you will need to keep him out. Unfortunately, just blocking him won’t do as he could easily create another account and continue from where he stops. However, if you can block his IP address, then he would be kept off the platform.
Unfortunately, Roblox does not reveal the IP address of its users – you will have to find out the IP address yourself. Considering the fact that a user will willing not provide you his IP address, and many do not even know what an IP address is, it is up to you to get it without them even knowing.
Another thing you need to know is that if you want to confirm the real location of a user you met on Roblox, you can find out his IP address and look it up on an IP checkup tool, and his actual location will be revealed to you.
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on Roblox
There are methods available to you that you can use for finding out the IP address of someone on Roblox, depending on your skillset and the length you are willing to go.
Generally, if you setup a server and have games that other users play, you can inject IP grabbers into the source of your game and have it stealthily grab the IP address of a user. However, if you do not have coding knowledge, you can make use of an already-made IP grabber like Grabify. Let take a look at each of these in detail.
Using an Already-made IP Grabber
This method is the easiest of all and requires less effort to set up. This method depends on a user clicking on a URL you generated by the IP grabber. In essence, this method works outside of the Roblox service, and if a user is not ready to click on the URL you provide, then you can’t get his IP address. There are a good number of IP grabbers or loggers in the market, but the GrabifyIP logging service is our choice, and we will be using it in this article. This tool is free to use, and you can access it online even without creating an account with them. Below is the step by step guide on how to make use of Grabify.
- Get the URL of web content you are sure the user will like – you will need it as bait. Without content, he will be willing to see, your chances of getting his IP address using this method are slim.
- Head over to the homepage of Grabify and paste the URL chosen above in the form provided.
- Click on the create URL button, and Grabify will generate a shortened URL and a tracking code. The shortened URL will link to the actual content chosen in the first step, while the tracking code will help you access the grabbed IP addresses.
- Head over to Roblox and get the user to visit the content chosen in the first step. Instead of providing the real URL, provide the one generated by Grabify.
- Once he clicks on the URL, Grabify will grab his IP address and then redirects him to the content you wanted him to see.
- To access his IP address, go back to the Grabify homepage and paste the tracking code generated earlier. You will see requests to the shortened URL. For each, you will see its IP address, geolocation, user agent, Operating System, and many more.
Injecting an IP Grabber in your Game
One thing you need to know about this method is that you shouldn’t get caught – If Roblox detects you are collecting the IP address of users, you will be blocked from accessing the service. I will advise you to do it only when you need to collect one’s IP and remove the code immediately. Below is an example of how to get that done. Depending on what you require and your skillset, yours will be different.
- Open the Roblox Studio and locate the “Workspace” menu from the drop-down menu.
- Lookout for the “script” file and open it. This will open up an interface for scripting. We would be coding an IP grabber that will collect the IP address for us. Copy the code below and paste it in the file and save.
game.ChildAdded:connect(function(child) if child:IsA("NetworkServer") then child.IncommingConnection:connect(function(IP, replicator) Instance.new("StringValue", workspace).Name = IP print(IP) end) end)
- With the script saved, all you require is to host a game server and get the user to join your game server to play the game.
- Once the user joins your server, his IP address will be logged on the screen for you to see.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Roblox
Looking at the above, you can tell that your IP address is not safe, and another user can also access your IP address. why this should be a reason for concern is that your IP address could be used to attack your network and some skillful hackers can use it together with other tools to remotely access an insecure computer.
For this reason, you should keep your IP address hidden from other users. Doing this is quite easy – all you need to do is make use of a proxy server or a VPN server.
- Our recommended VPN software includes ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and NordVPN.
- For proxies, we recommend you buy them from Blazing Proxies, MyPrivateProxy, and Highproxies.
FAQs About Roblox IP Finder
Is it Illegal to Find out the IP Address of Someone?
There is no law that makes it illegal to find out the IP address of someone. IP addresses are actually public data, and for every web request a device sends to the Internet, it sends its IP address along. However, you need to know that Roblox frown against doing it and will block you if you are caught doing it.
What Can you use the IP Address of a Roblox User for?
You can use the IP of a Roblox user to find out his actual location. Aside from that, you can also use it to blacklist a user. Some users can create a new account after you block them from your server. The only way to keep them out is to block their IP address.
From the article, you can tell that even though Roblox does not reveal the IP address of its users, you can get it at ease either using an already-made IP grabber or simply making injecting an IP grabber script into your game server. To protect yourself against IP tracking, we recommend a few proxy providers and VPN services you can get high-quality proxies and VPN, respectively.